✨ Feature highlights in v2.1 #
PhotoStructure version 2.1 includes many new features, a bunch of improvements behind the scenes, and a ton of bug fixes and stability improvements.
💜 Asset management #
- ✨ The most popular feature request, support for deleting and hiding your photos and videos, is now available to plus subscribers, including support for “liking” and “excluding” files. Read more about these features here.
- Tap to open your library in full-screen mode
- Tap to download the original photo or video Asset
- Tap to like or “fave” the current asset.
- Tap to archive the current asset.
- Tap to remove the current asset from your library.
- Tap to delete the current asset from your library and your filesystem.
💪 Improved support for large libraries #
- ✨ Sync imports are substantially faster for larger libraries and servers with 8+ CPUs thanks to a new concurrency approach. Read more about this here.
📝 Improved reporting #
✨ Sync reports make it easy to see exactly what files and directories were imported, when, which were skipped, and why.
✨ PhotoStructure’s log messages can be sent to a log service like Graylog or Seq by setting
⚡ Improved front-end performance #
✨ Image loading in tag galleries has been improved, especially for bandwidth-constrained networks. See
✨ Older versions of Safari are now supported.
🗄️ Improved metadata handling #
✨ If you’ve opted into “automatic organization”, unique sidecar contents are now copied into your library.
✨ Fuzzy sidecar matching was improved so
photo.JPEGnow matches up with
photo.JPG.XMP(note the mismatched “.JPEG” and “.JPG”)
✨ Metadata inferred from siblings is now retained when assets are copied into your library.
♊ Improved deduplication #
✨ PhotoStructure’s image hashing has been improved for high frequency imagery
✨ Dominant color extraction uses adaptive greyscale prefiltering, iterative k-means clustering, and stores percent coverage per dominant color to improve correlation quality.
✨ Some camera models render RAW/JPEG pairs encoding the same bit of metadata in different fields, and with slightly different values. PhotoStructure knows how to handle this scenario, and a bunch of other cases now.
🥧 Raspberry PI support #
- ✨ PhotoStructure for Servers now supports Raspberry PI. We recommend at least an RPi 4 with 4GB of RAM.
🍎 Improved macOS support #
✨ Native Apple Silicon support
✨ Mountpoint and volume metadata is cached across restarts and across processes, especially helpful for users with many external drives and/or remote filesystems.
🪲 Bugfixes and stability improvements #
More than 100 features, bug fixes, and general improvements were applied since the last stable release! Check out the release notes for details.
🤔 Questions? 🌹 Feature requests? 🐞 Found a bug? #
Say hello in the official PhotoStructure forum or Discord, we’d love to hear from you.