If your photos and videos are disorganized, PhotoStructure can bring some order to your chaos.
If you’d like all your photos and videos to be organized into one, tidy place, choose “Yes” on PhotoStructure’s settings page:
What happens when you choose “Yes” #
- PhotoStructure will de-duplicate photos and videos automatically.
- Photos and videos already found in your library will remain in their current location.
- Photos and videos will be copied (not
date-stamped folders, like
2019/2019-05-01, and retain their original filename.
- Different files taken on the same day that share the same name will be given a unique number suffix.
- Your library will need to be on a disk with enough free space to store all your photos and videos.
What happens when you choose “No” #
- Files on your hard drives will remain where they are.
- You still need to ensure the drive holding your library has sufficient free space for preview images and transcoded videos.
- If you eject any volumes after importing them:
- Zoom may not work for images (as that requires access to the original photo)
- Videos may not play (unless they were transcoded)
Photo by Edgar Chaparro